Thursday 19 August 2010

New in stores: Heat EDP by Beyonce [Review]




I made a rather basic mistake with this 'celeb' fragrance; I had decided I'd love it before hand based on my love of beyonce. I set myself up for failure right from the get go: I don't think HEAT is bad; It's just that it's not anywhere near original, so is therefore boring: It shares elements with Hypnotic Poison, Provocative Interlude, Black Star, Fancy and Halle, among others.

The good news is that's cheaper and easier to find than a lot of it's scent-a-likes, so it is worth a test. I've picked up a 50ml bottle for a casual day-to-day fragrance.



I couldn't separate any of the floral notes that are listed, aside from the vanilla orchid; it's strong and sweet, the other florals are hidden under it. The sweetness is slightly powdery. The sweetness on first application is also fruity - like old style boiled sweets - I took this to be an attempt at mimicking peach.

After the overpowering start HEAT drys down into a creamy almond and amber blend, which - while not unique - was nice.

Scent notes; Vanilla-orchid, magnolia, neroli, peach, honeysuckle, almond, cream musk, sequoia wood, tonka and amber.


Considering it applies strongly it doesn't seem to last very long for an EDP: 3/4 hours max. Though HEAT hasn't given me any headaches/sickness, I don't like wearing it on warm days. The comfort provided by the creamy undertone begs to be worn on colder days.


- - - - -
RRP

30ml: £23
50ml: £29

No comments:

Post a Comment