Friday 29 July 2016

Hide my purse - Kat Von D cosmetics are launching in the UK this autumn [plus bonus Sephora mini-rant]...

The headline says it all.

My sister follows Kat Von D on Instagram, and let me know that...



Debenham's will be selling the Kat Von D beauty range - launching in October.

I'm so excited. Ever since US Sephora stores first launched the line I've bought items from the range; mainly the mini lipstick sets that are available for Christmas, but I also have three eyeshadow palettes, and I used to have the perfumes she had when her range was new [Saint, Sinner and Poetica]. Everything I have is fantastic quality, that's honestly second to nothing else I've personally tried. And everything is cruelty free. And vegan.

I know that she's just launched concealers, a  loose powder, new makeup brushes and a gorgeous eyeshadow palette, so I can't wait to be able to go buy them. I know that the Sephora site will ship her range overseas, but the last eyeshadow palette that I ordered from them (Tarte's Swamp Queen) arrived broken and it was such a hassle to resolve*, that I don't want to order the Serpentina eyeshadow palette from them and risk the same situation happening again. Now I won't have to... 

I'm hoping that the launch is country-wide and on their webstore too, not just something that will be opening in one or two stores...


* By broken I mean that 8 out of the 12 powder pans in the palette were either missing huge chunks or that the contents were little more then dust - it looked like my palette had simply kicked across the Atlantic to my front door. If it had just been one or maybe two pans of broken powder, and the highlight hadn't been one of the casualties, I doubt that I would have complained as I know that loads of people wanted the palette but couldn't get it. But the highlight (I had wanted this the most) was the most badly damaged pan, and after paying £30 for shipping and tax I expected better care of my item to be taken...

 

Anyway; 3 days after sending my first email, Sephora reply to say that they 'can't' arrange overseas exchanges, and would only refund the £35 for the palette AFTER I returned the broken palette to them via international post. They wouldn't refund the £30 tax and shipping I'd paid in addition to the price of the palette, so I refused to return the broken palette and have nothing to show for the money I was losing.

After a week and a ton of more emails, I ended up getting a refund and didn't have to return the broken palette, but Swamp Queen sold out over the week I spent arguing back and forth with Sephora's customer services, so I ended up missing out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment