Tuesday 12 September 2017

Should Elsa step aside? Snowella body mist by Zoella Beauty...


CHRISTMAS IS COMING GUYS!!!
When I was flicking through the new releases on the Fragrantica site the other week, Snowella caught my eye and as my inner child is getting giddy at the hints towards the festive run-up in the forms of Christmas cards and biscuits appearing in stores, she just HAD to have it, to the point that I immediately went into the Superdrug site to order the set. I've never tried anything from the Zoella Beauty line before, but I mean, what's not to love about this? Right?!

The inspiration, name, and packaging screams that this will be a new festive nod, celebrating all things snow and ice. But now it's time to see if it can deliver on what it is promising and if I have indeed found a new "Christmas is coming" fragrance. Or will we instead find out that I should be doing a better job at suppressing my inner child to save my money...

Does anyone remember the Elle MacPherson's 'The Body' range of bodycare lotions & potions, that were sold at Boots years ago? Snowella smells really similar to those... by which I mean that there's a predominant note of, what seems to be to me, lime throughout it.

The cranberry is the strongest listed key note on me, followed by the pink pepper. I do get the mint too, but the lime and pink pepper spoil any festive hints the cranberry and mint combo may have produced in the fragrance. I can't separate any floral notes out of Snowella as the fruit and pink pepper notes are so strong, and a musk note develops fairly quickly, making a combination that overpowers anything else going on.

Snowella isn't 'bad', but to me it needed the mint note to be stronger and to have had some wood notes included, as it's existing mix seems more fruity/zesty fresh rather than icy wintery fresh to me, so I just don't think it suits its name, inspiration or packaging. Lime and pink pepper just doesn't say "snow", "winter", or "Christmas" to me - instead I think it gives everything a sporty vibe, that I think would have been better suited for a energizing spring fragrance.

Listed scent notes; cranberry, mint, peony and pink pepper.

The longevity is poor; within two hours it's gone. Not too bad for something that is labelled as being a body mist, I suppose. Nothing to shout about in my option, although it is very good for freshening up my autumn/winter clothes that I'm in the process of removing from storage and for spritzing onto bedding. I have to admit that I'm actually umming and ahhing over buying the 100ml bottle, for the purpose of a fabric freshener...


The Snow Silky body lotion is okay; it has the exact same fragrance as the body mist, it is fairly quick to absorb, and it has a lovely cooling effect when being massaged into my skin. My skin feels silky smooth for several hours afterwards, but then appears the same as it did before I began using it. I do have very dry skin though.

Zoella Beauty products are exclusive to Superdrug stores in the UK (I believe Ulta stores in the US and Target in Australia also carry the brand). 

The body mist set I bought is here for £14.

The body mist can be bought alone here in a 100ml bottle, for £12.

The 14-different-sets Snowella Christmas gift range is now online here. Prices range from £6 to £40.



1 comment: